Wednesday, March 25, 2009

5K Training

This really isn't that cool, but evidently mom doesn't think I post often enough, as she forgot that this blog even exists.
So I was online the other day, avoiding some grading that needed to be done, and a friend/fellow ASL teacher got on MSN Messenger.
She told me about this race (www.signsonthetrail.com) that she was running in and asked if I'd run it with her.  I told her I would.
So I started "training" yesterday.  I also discovered how out of running shape I am.  
I've offered my students 20 points of extra credit if they run it, 25 if they beat me :) and 50 if they work the race as a volunteer.
If anyone wants to run it with me, that'd be sweet!!!  :D 

(And yeah, my dreams have actually been pretty normal lately, although I did dream the other night that I had made a habit of dressing up as a bear and breaking into people's houses to steal their food...)

4 comments:

  1. I think that's a sign that you should run the 5K dressed as a bear with a stolen pic-a-nic basket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... I totally will if you will join me! My students would love that too, I'm sure.

    The race is May 16th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With dreams like yours, I'd be soooo excited to go to sleep every night! Well, maybe not... :)
    Great challenges with the race for your students...

    ReplyDelete