Tuesday, March 3, 2009

MS 150... er... 175...

Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE playing outside and being active.  I just feel so good being outside in God's playground.  I love being winded and exhausted at the end of a day of hard play.  I realize how fragile and yet how resilient the human body is and recognize that I have done absolutely nothing to deserve the good health that I enjoy everyday.  So many people don't have that blessing and they've done absolutely nothing to deserve the health problems and limitations imposed upon them.  
I started volunteering with Splore, which is an organization that provides adaptive outdoor equipment and experiences for people who have disabilities who may not otherwise have access to many of the activities I love.  I haven't done much with them yet, but plan to do more in the future.  
I've decided that volunteering and doing things like this are the best ways I can show my appreciation for my health and able body.  

I am officially registered to ride in the MS 150, which is a 175-mile road bike race fundraiser for multiple sclerosis research and aid to those who are currently living with MS.  
I think I'm excited, but mostly I'm still a little hesitant about going excessive speeds wearing nothing but spandex and a helmet...  

Anyway, I need to raise at least $250 by the end of June and could REALLY use your help.
Please just copy/paste the address below into your web browser and donate if you can.  Any amount helps!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=5193648&pg=personal&fr_id=9532

Thanks guys, and wish me luck!!  :D

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great person...good luck with the race! Count us in on donating some money.

    ReplyDelete