Friday, January 2, 2009

Spiders and Catholics

So I had kind of a weird dream last night.
Actually it had two parts.  What I remember of the first one is super short.  I dreamed that there was this little brown spider and I was with one of my friends who told me that I should play with it cuz it wouldn't bite me.  I told them I didn't believe that it wouldn't bite me so I picked it up and put my finger right on its mouth and held it there for a little while until it totally clamped down and I couldn't get it off my finger.  It hurt like hell but at least I'd proved my friend wrong.  :)

Then I had a dream that I went to a catholic priest (I JUST now realized that I got a message from a guy last night who had a priest collar on!  Now it all makes sense... Kind of...) and he told me I had to do 30 Hail Marys but didn't tell me how.  I knew that I needed to kneel on a bible and one of their prayer books but I didn't have one of those so I used a bible and a book of Mormon.  I knelt down and said (in my head) "Mary, mother of God," crossed myself, kissed my thumb, then kissed the ground.  I did that 30 times but I still didn't feel like I was forgiven.
Then I met this woman in my mom's ward and I asked her how to do it.  She laughed and said that I was close, but that after the beginning I needed to state my sin and end with "Amen."
I was a little put out because I had just done this mini version 30 times.  I tried the longer version once but then got distracted.  I decided it was too much work and thought maybe I'd just go to a Mormon bishop or something.
Meanwhile, the relief society was having a pilates/yoga/kickboxing workshop and there were all these different rooms where people were doing these things and I was wandering from room to room looking for that lady again to ask her if I did it right.  (I didn't want to do 30 of the wrong ones again...) 
In each room I would sit down and watch people for a few minutes and make comments to myself out loud about what they were doing and then get surprised that they had heard when they responded to what I had said.  
After a while, Alicia, mom, and Kindy came out of their classes went to the dessert tables outside.  There were two tables.  One with chocolates on them and one with banana-flavored stuff.  I woke up still trying to decide which one I wanted...

3 comments:

  1. Glad I am working out somewhere even if it is in a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tressa, You are absolutely amazing. How DO you remember your dreams in such vivid detail?!?!

    And that spider bite hurt like what? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe... It's my blog, I can say what I want. :) Besides, are you really going to tell me that Hell doesn't hurt? I think it's a valid comparison. ;)
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete