Monday, January 12, 2009

Mermen and Shoot-outs

K, let's see how much of this I remember at the end of the school day.

It started out like I was watching a movie.  There was a lake or river or something with a traffic bridge over it.  The bridge started to raise in the middle but there were two cars that were headed towards each other.  They flew off their respective bridge sections and almost smashed into each other, head-on, but then at the last second they missed and landed in the water.  

Out in the water there was a small boat with a crane on it, fishing for the cars that had just fallen.  The passengers in the car closest to me were both in the water, conscious and yelling to get the boat's attention.  The crane operator had just started to lift the car out of the water, when one of the people near the car started screaming at the top of their lungs in anguish.  Then they realized that the crane was actually pulling this one passenger up and was hooked just under the mastoid bone (behind the ear) where the skull attached.  They got the person unhooked, then the scene changed.

I was in my roommate's room and she had all these elaborate kerchiefs and wooden dolls hanging on the bedpost on the foot of her bed from all the different countries she's visited.  I remember one doll in particular.  He was a very Scandinavian-looking doll with the red, pointy nose, cheeks, and chin.  His upper body was dressed in a white dress shirt and his arms were attached at the wrists so that they were always folded on where his knees would have been but his lower body was a fish.

I left that room and started feeling funny.  I asked someone if I had a scar under my ear on my right side because I think I may have gotten a hook stuck in it earlier but I wasn't sure... It could have been a dream or something...  She told me there was a scar there and asked if I was ok.  I told her I was and kept wandering around.  So apparently the person getting dragged out of the water was me.  Good to know.

Then the scene kinda changed again and this part is kind of fuzzy.  I was still feeling funny from having been lifted up by the skull with a crane, but I was with a group of about 3 people I knew somehow in a mall or something.  They were family, or step-family, but I don't know who they were.
Anyway, the woman in my dream who was like my step-mom pulled out a gun and started shooting, but it turned out to be a toy gun.  I stepped in as back-up and threw her mine (I think I had taken it from my roommate's room) but I think it turned out to be a toy as well.  
Embarrassed and scared, we jumped into our tight little Audi TT and took off.

Then I woke up.

4 comments:

  1. You are such a hottie! I like your photos on the sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever thought of having your dreams analyzed?!!! And do you wake up rested at all? I would think you would be absolutely exhausted, if not traumatized...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... Thanks for the compliments. And yeah, I've thought about having them analyzed but I'm kinda afraid of what the diagnosis would be. I'm ok living in ignorance thinking I just have a creative subconscious and a really good memory. Feel free to take them to your psych professors, mom. :)

    ReplyDelete