Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The apple and tree and all that...

This is just a cute story that I thought I'd share.

So any time when we're walking into a restaurant or on a hike or just anywhere, really, Randy will often stop and pick a flower for me.
As I've mentioned before, Randy's boy, Spencer is here visiting and a couple weeks ago we went on a hike.  
While we were walking along, Spencer kept gathering flowers and giving them to me.  I thought it was cute but wondered if he understood, so one time when he brought me a flower I said, "Ah, thanks but you should give that one to your daddy." 
He looked at me like I'd just grown a second head and said, "He's not a girl!"

5 comments:

  1. What a little gentleman... :)
    No pictures? Of the hike OR of Spencer? How do he and Lola get along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola got sick last week and snapped at him a few times but before and since that, they get along swimmingly. She's a very patient dog, bless her heart.
    The problem with pictures is that I have no camera except the one on my phone. The further problem with pictures is that I can't send them from my phone (ever since that one time I was texting in the bath tub...) in order to post them, so there's kind of a lengthy process involved in getting them up here.
    I promise to get pictures of our camping trip we're planning next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will we get to meet this little man or Lola? Bring them to Salem days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spencer will already be back in Montana by then. I'm going back up with them next weekend to drop him off. Lola's not super leash-trained, so I don't think Salem Days is a good idea for her. Maybe we could keep her in your backyard with Nessa or something?

    ReplyDelete